What are coookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to improve a user’s experience. Used by most modern websites, cookies make a site slicker and more interactive. Cookies are used for a variety of functions – for example, to remember your user ID, or the contents of your virtual shopping cart. They also help in tailoring content and advertisements to you, ensuring you see the most relevant ads.
What types of cookie are there and which ones do we use?
We use five types of cookies: necessary, preferences, statistics, marketing and unclassified.
- Necessary – Necessary cookies are the basic cookies a website needs to function properly.
- Preferences – Preference cookies allow a site to remember your preferences, like language.
- Statistics – Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing – Marketing cookies are used to track visitors and to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the user.
- Unclassified – Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying.